As we move into September, I thought I would update you on Yoga with myself at Yinspire for late summer and autumn.
Sadly I had to close the Brading studio permanently in the wake of the pandemic.
However Rowborough is still running healthily. To date classes have been restricted to 10 people, but from this month there will be 12 spots in each class – this still gives plenty of space for distancing, and of course there is extra ventilation and cleaning to make the classes as safe as possible.
My autumn schedule is as follows:
- Monday 7pm – Yin Inspired Yoga
- Wednesday 9:30am – Restorative Yin
- Wednesday 7pm – Yin Inspired Yoga
Classes are £12 dropin, with options for class passes and monthly subscription.
All these classes are in person. I do not plan on offering further online classes.
There are spaces in most classes, but with September traditionally being a busy time this could change, so I advise early booking.
If your choice of class is full then please let me know and if demand is there I will see if I can drop an extra class into the schedule.
I am offering two Saturday morning “Pure Yin” classes this autumn / winter:
- 30 October 2021
- 20 November 2021
I teach a loosely Yin Yoga style, but drawing on Restorative and Hatha Yoga as well, and incorporating sitting and pranayama (yoga breathing), and influenced by my training as a Yoga Therapist. In all this the emphasis remains on a slow floor based practice though. Amidst all the seriousness, I also think Yoga should be fun and relaxed, and approached with humour – you should leave the class feeling better than when you arrived.
Private Yoga and Yoga Therapy
The past 18 months have been a tough time and many of us are struggling in different ways.
I offer Private Yoga Classes and Yoga Therapy Sessions which are ideally placed to help you, or a family member or friend, struggling with physical, mental or emotional health.
A Therapeutic approach to Yoga can help most things, and as a Yoga Therapist my particular areas of specialism are:
Alongside my classes, there are weekly classes in the Studio from Peter on Friday mornings (new time, change from Tuesday evenings), Julie on Monday and Thursday mornings, and occasional Saturday Mornings with Della.
Here are a few articles and book reviews I’ve written over recent months:
- Depression – Some Alternative Thoughts 13th August 2021
- Research: Effects of yogic breath regulation: A narrative review of scientific evidence 5th August 2021
- NIH: Study Provides New Insights Into Changes in Brain Function in Fibromyalgia 16th October 2020
- Chronic Pain and Cognitive Impairment 8th October 2020
- What Has Neuroimaging Taught Us on the Neurobiology of Yoga? A Review 7th October 2020
- Yoga for Pain Relief 2nd October 2020
- Reading: Everything You Need to Know To Feel Good – Candace Pert (2006) 6th August 2021
- Reading – A Mind of Its Own – Cordelia Fine (2005) 2nd July 2021
- Reading: Radical Acceptance – Tara Brach (2003) 11th June 2021
- Reading: Mindsight – Daniel Siegel – 2010 19th March 2021
- Reading: The Brain – The Story of You – David Eagleman (2015) 5th March 2021
- Book: Night School – Richard Wiseman (2014) 19th February 2021
- Book – The Goddess Pose – Michelle Goldberg (2015) 22nd January 2021